Global Logistic Services for Over 130 Years
Page & Jones was founded in 1892 by Arthur Page and John Jones. Originally providing import and export forwarding and agency services, the company operated its own vessels for the War Shipping Administration during WWI. Mr. Jones held Customs Brokers License No. 10, issued in 1910, among the first group ever issued under the law.
In the early 1950’s, the company was purchased by three of its employees, James Lee, Rufus Lee, and Frank Jones, a nephew of its founder. At that time, the company was incorporated as “Page & Jones, Inc.” as a privately held corporation in Mobile, Alabama, as it remains to this day.
Operations expanded beyond Mobile in the 1970’s to accommodate customers at multiple ports and inland cities, and to meet the new and growing demands of transportation. The company has continued as a leader in international logistics by integrating its commitment to technology with its long tradition of personalized customer service. In addition to the corporate office in Mobile, the company operates nine branch offices throughout six states and holds corporate licenses from U. S. Customs and the Federal Maritime Commission.